Actually, what is with this word?
Like, we all use it constantly. Yet, in almost every form of our use, it’s
- “Actually, that’s a good idea”
- “Actually, I like that”
- “Actually, that sounds awesome”
Actually…….here is what people really hear:
- “Actually, that’s a good idea” -> I’m surprised by your idea
- “Actually, I like that” -> I really didn’t think that I would like it but I do
- “Actually, that sounds awesome” -> I assumed you were going to say something really stupid
This crutch word is becoming so popular, most people don’t even get insulted by it anymore.
That is, unless you’re a man, and make the drastic mistake of saying
“Actually, you look really good in that” -> I’m surprised that you actually look good babe
Regardless, it’s “ACTUALLY” really funny when you catch someone using this word in a negative context when they don’t even realize it.
So next time you get an “Actually”, try not to laugh when you think about how mean of a statement it “Actually” was.
If you liked this, follow now.